
Saturday, June 16, 2012@5:17:00 pm
I've finally decided to start blogging about my overseas trip :) YAY ANYONE? But I've decided to exclude my Aussie trip... Or shld I include it? Hmm... But for now I shall focus on my Japan trip which we went for 8 days, and I've forgotten quite a fair bit of it so I need to use my brain cells to recall them. LOL. And I shall split them into different blog posts. Like tht it wld seem tht I'm a frequent blogger, no? :D Heehee. Okay, so cut the crap short, I shall start. :)
Actually before the trip, Shimin, Flor, Joanne and I was like saying tht we MUST go to Japan after our A levels. Then all of it was just talk la, saying must go NEWS concert or TGMS concert and stuff. And one fine day, which I totally forgot when was tht day, I was rotting at home (must be a weekend) 'cos my ahyi was renovating her house so I stayed at home. Then suddenly Joanne/Shimin/Flor called me to ask me if I want to go to Japan in dec cos they saw a promotion by WTS. And I'm expected to decide on the spot, which was quite ??? to me. Then I asked my mum and my uncle and mum was like kept pressing me for details so I was like ?????. And I have to make the decision fast enulf cos it was a deal and 4 seats was left only. But before I gave a definite ans, the deal was bought buy some others le la. So I guess it was my fault? But srsly, it was too impromtu. So I dun think it was my fault. LOL. So then there's another deal or whtever la, so we decided to take up tht deal whereby the air ticket fee was $1290 each. Then we were like okokokok, we shall take up tht deal. BUT, in the night on twitter or sms which I forgotten alrdy, Joanne suddenly said tht her mum doesnt allow her to go cos she got no money to pay for the air tickets and stuff. Then she ask the three of us to go ahead. Of cos cnnt right? Then like seeeing the entire plan gna crash, I go and ask my mum if it's okay if she loan Joanne money for the airticket first. And my mum was agreeable to it so :) so problem 1 solved. Then we have to decide on the dates to travel and actually if I'm not wrong, initially I wanted to go Japan to spend my newyear (as in 2012) there but acc to huiern she said new year tht period all the shops are closed and stuff so it's not worth it. So we scrapped the idea of spending our 2012 there in Japan. Then initially me and flor wanted to book w SQ or smth 'cos the airticket was cheaper and more worth it as we got to stay in Japan longer than the intended (21 dec) I think it was 23rd then we come back. But shimin and Joanne wasn't agreeable to it. So... :( Me and Flor was still sitting on the floor thinking abt this thing for like 30 mins before we handed the check to WTS to confirmed our booking of air tickets. LOL. Anw, we still sticked to the original plan 'cos Joanne got some church stuff or smth tht's why we diedie also must come back by 21st and leave on the 14th since Joanne only come back from China on th 13/14th. LOL. Okay, so aft the booking was made, we have to booked th hotel on the spot. So I went to withdraw abt 2000 'cos the hotel costs 457 per person and I was afraid of being robbed. LOL. First time withdrew so much money ehh! So we've agreeed tht I shall pay for everything first then they bank transfer me the money. So air tickets and hotel was settled on the same day, so no more backing out :)
Then I left all the planning and itinerary stuff to Flor and Joanne. LOL. Totally didn't take part in any of those~ 'Cos firstly my Jap is no good and I'm bad at researching. LOL. Plus I'm agreeable to most of the stuff, as long as we're gna watch TGMS concert ^^ HEEHEE! Yeaps, the TGMS concert was also settled by Flor, but paid by me first. LOL! Then one day Joanne/Shimin/Flor went to JTB @ Ion to buy the disneyland tickets, so Flor pay first then I paid for Joanne/shimin and myself. So Disneysea also settled :) Then I forgot like most part of it. I didn't even noe all the schedules except on the day we're in Japan. LOL. All I know was, we're gg to Japan, and tht was final :D
Okay, then Joanne's mum wanted to look at how me, flor and shimin looked like and stuff. So we had to go to her house and meet her mum before her mum pay for the airticket and hotel money (I think?). Ohyes, and TGMS concert must be kept as a secret from her. MISSION IMPOSSIBLE. LOL! Ohboy, it was so nervewrecking till my jaws gna get cramps from all the fake smiles. omg. HAHAHA! So her mum asked alot of qns like why do we wna go Japan, wht are we gna do thr, how are we gna contact our family and stuff. So I answered in those model ans way: Like gg there to sightseee, see the scenery, indulge in their culture and stufff and gna Facetime my mum everynight using my iPhone. I think she asked us abt our itinerary but SEE ABOVE, I KNEW NOTHING ABT IT. So does Shimin too! Cos we all left the planning to Joanne and FLor! LOL! Heng Joanne came to our rescue or smth. LOL! Totally gg mad. HAHHAA! Then her mum said tht you know tht Joanne is coming back from China on the 13th right? Shld there be any delay in her flight, then you all wil say byebye to her and fly off yrself, so y'all shld pray hard tht her flight doesn't get delay. Okay, can! LOL. Then we exchanged ur parents contact no.s in case anth happens and got my money ^^ But went home and realised tht her mum calculated wrongly thus, Joanne have to pass me back a new cheque the next day. LOL. At least passed the test ^^
Then one day I think is aft As alrdy, Flor/Shimin and I went to shop for our uchiwa items and went to flor's hse to make them! LOL. Fail miserably. Came up w lots of drafts but still useless and it's like impossibru to finish within such short time. So we brought home and finish it ourselves. Anw, so paiseh, th glitter paper was all over flor's floor. HAHAHA! And her house too messy for us to do our stuff liao! But anw we completed our own uchiwa OTOT. But tht Shimin dun wna do -.- Her intended design was SINGAPORE FLAG. OMG. DIULIAN TTM. She say liddat then massu will noe tht we're from SG! LOL!!!! SO DIULIAN. Then me and Flor kept condemning her fail design.
Anw, I tried to do research on Disneyland and failed miserably. LOL. Fail me is Fail. Then went shopping for clothes 'cos it's winter in Japan and I've ZERO winter clothings. Still rmb tht I went to buy the winter clothes aft the first day of As, which was aft my Chem Paper 3 which was demoralising. Sigh. :'( And I've Bio paper w GP th following day too. (Y) Pro me is Pro. Bought cap and coat w disposable undies LOL. Dined at IMM till like 7 or smth then go home and cram books. LOL. The rest of the clothes were bought either in weekends or days where I got long breaks btw papers.
But anyway, everything is starting to work out as we juggle btw our studies and this. LOL. I think I've hidden angst feeling inside thruout the entire planning stuff, but well, I'm glad tht this entire journey of planning didnt spoil our friendship :)

01. My cui face aft facial./ 02. Me&Mum @ changi T3./ 03. Sis wearing my jacket and sitting on my luggage -.-/ 04. & 05. Pics of me sent to my dad&SM./ 06. & 07. My air ticket! :D/ 08. My mum&Reah&I./ 09. Shimin the photog./ 10. Us! Before we fly :)/ 11.
Joanne & her mum./ 12. Another group shot :)/ 13. On the travellator!/ 14. Another blurry shot thanks to VGA front cam./ 15. & 16. Joanne&Flor @ Koi pond./ 17. & 18. Shimin&I @ koi pond./ 19. & 20. Us outside toilet.

01. Flor&I by the plane window :3/ 02. & 03. The goodie bag given by ANA./ 04. Me happy w my goodie bag! :D/ 05. Flor staring outside the window./ 06. (Y)/ 07. Joanne sad :(/ 08. Cui face after sleepless night./ 09. - 10. - 11. watching the day brighten on the plane./ 12. Reaching Japan soon./ 13. Breakfast on the plane./ 14. Enlarged ver. of breakfast./ 15. Us w the pretty airport staff! :D

01. Nex ticket./ 02. Us in NEX!/ 03. & 04. Nex interior./ 05. Jo&I./ 06. Shimin&Flor./ 07. Take photos./ 08. & 09. Act emo and natural./ 10. Same sleeping patterns./ 11. Scenery at NEX./ 12. Train to Tokyo./ 13. Trains./ 14. Four of us in train ^^/ 15. LOOK WHT WE FOUND :D ARASHI!/ 16. Lugging my 19kg luggage and still have to smile./ 17. J&F in front./ 18. & 19. Hi hotel!/ 20. Cui faces after lugging our luggages.

01. At the hotel lobby/ 02. Flor dno looking @ wht./ 03. Four of us outside hotel :D/ 04. Camwhore @ some street./ 05. Flor's lunch @ standing restaurant./ 06. The standing restaurant./ 07. The jap menu./ 08. Dong zi lian ge./ 09. Hihi postmail./ 10. Traffic lights./ 11. Konbini./ 12. I likkey the phone booth./ 13. Us inside the phone booth, tried to call home but no./ 14. Pudding (Y)/ 15. Joanne's Starbucks./ 16. Chillin' outside Starbucks./ 17. hi armour./ 18. Vending machines in hotel./ 19. Phone booth in hotel./ 20. Scenery from our hotel.

01. Morning Tokyo Tower./ 02. Night Tokyo Tower./ 03. - 04. Tunnel./ 05. Hats&Caps don't fit me./ 06. Waiting for Jo./ 07. Bridge to Tokyo Tower./ 08. Pretty Tokyo Tower!/ 09. Shimin w TT./ 10. Flor w TT./ 11. Jo w TT./ 12. Me w TT./ 13. FAIL GROUP SHOT W TT./ 14. Decor./ 15. - 16. Fake Tower./ 17. Christmas Tree we wna camwhore./ 18. Fail group shot :'(/ 19. Our tickets!/ 20. Their tickets.

01. - 04. Decors./ 05. Fake Tokyo Tower./ 06. Blingbling tower ^^/ 07. Cute child couple ^^./ 08. Flor standing on a seethru panel./ 09. See thru panel which I die also dun wna stand on./ 10. Me & Shimin in lift./ 11. Me & Flor in lift./ 12. Jo and Flor in lift./ 13. Tower./ 14. Pretty snacks./ 15. Fail neoprint we took./ 16. Group shot again./ 17. HI EITA! ^^ Stupid Shimin lied to me!/ 18. Group shot otw home./ 19. Three of us waiting for Jo./ 20. Snacks I bought ^^ Jagabee + Mitsushiya Cider!
If you saw the photos and captions, then I guess there's no need to read the below stuff :)
So the day have arrived! I was more nervous than excited. Was dreading than anticipating the arrival of today. 'Cos I'm worried wht if we quarreled there? Then I think I'll die there cos I don't know Jap other than those basic ones and I don't know all the subway lines and stuff since I left it all to Flor and Joanne. LOL. those negative tots were overwhelming me. But anw, I went to do facial on the day itself and BAD CHOICE. They squeezed all my pimples and my face were all filled w scars and red marks :( Then aft tht I tried to sleep in the evening 'cos ours was midnight flight but I dno is it due to anxiety or excitement I can barely sleep. Then Reah drove me to the airport and had Popeyes for dinner before gg to T2 to meet up w Joanne/Shimin/Flor. Had Malibu Dream! OMNOMS :) Then we check in our luggage, omg. Mine was like 19kg I think! and the max was 23! Means I can only stuff additional 4kg in only. OMG. LOL. Then we took photos w our family before entering the departure hall. 'Cos I kept harping on the topic of quarreling to my mum then before we entered she told us not to quarrel there. HAHAHA. (Y)
But anw, we entered the hall and it felt so weird. Cos it really left the 4 of us only and it's like a dream come true yet scary at the same time? LOL. We're like left speechless and yea, this is true, only the four of us. LOL. Then anw, we rotted at sumwhr near the koi pond and my ahyi called me and LINE-d Phang and stuff. Then we had to go to our gate on the boarding time and then Flor suddenly realised tht she brought along her newly bought contact lens washer(?) in her bag!!! According to the law is no liquid more than dno hw many ml so we were like omg howhowhow. So in the end she have to threw it away and she actually brought scissors in her bag 'cos she wna do her unfinished uchiwa in Japan. OMG FLOR -.- We all tot Flor wun make such mistakes cos she's like the most resourceful one. LOLLLLLLL. But anw, we waited till 1plus and still we haven board the plane. Then all the announcements were all in Jap. Can't uds. LOL.
Finally it was time to board our plane and then Joanne got up first to go queue then followed by shimin/flor. Then I was the last to leave and I saw a passport lying on the floor. Guess who's. So I picked up the passport and hid it then Shimin was waiting for me so I told her tht I picked up a passport. Then we joined Joanne and Flor. Then Flor said to us tht we're so slow or smth. Then I told her we're slow but we're responsible. LOL. Then gg to board tht plane tht time they need to check our passport so we took out our passport. Only Flor can't seem to find hers. LOL. Gave a major shock. Aye, must let her learn her lesson! Hw can be so blur sia! LOL. Then anw, flor and I sat tgt by the window while Joanne and Shimin sit at the aisle! HEEHEE. ^^ So it's abt 1plus to 2 when the plane took off and ANA gave everyone a goodie bag to last thru the night, i suppose. LOL.
But anw, we watched movies and then I realised actually I got small head cos the headpiece was too big for me! even though it was the minimum liao. (I dno hw to explain! Like you can pull to adjust so tht it fits nicely to your head but mine was like the min, meaning I didnt even pull it!) So bopian, used my earpiece instead. But well, I tried to sleep and I can't sleeep. Neither can Joanne, Shimin and Flor. So me and flor began looking outside the window and watching countries/land pass by then Flor kept telling me crapstuff like "Tht's manila" And I'll be like "realllyyy?" then she'll say "Actually I anyhw say one -.-" TROLLOLLOLLL. Been tricked like dno hw many times. Then we saw alot of stars. So preettyyy ^^ Then thruout the entire flight shimin was puking, dno is motion sickness or food poisoning but she just kept feeling nausea and the flight attendant kept walking to her to talk to her or smth :x Anw I had yuzu drink on ANA and it sucks bigtime. -.- Got cheated by my sis! Cos she told me tht time she sat JAL the Yuzuu drink was super duper fantastic. LOL. So mayb the yuzu drink which shimin drank was spoilt? Or it wasnt suited for her.
So aft a sleepless night, it was finally morning and we had our breakfast ^^ I think it was okay~ Then we reached JP! WOOOHOOO! When we alighted the plane we were like OMGGGG ARE YOU SURE WE ARE IN JAPAN. When we saw and hear all the announcements in Japanese we still can't believe tht we're in JAPAN! WE'RE ALL LIKE OMG TELL ME THIS IS NOT A DREAM AND STUFF LIDDAT. BREATHE THE JAPANESE AIR. OMG SMELLING TH SAME AIR AS MASSU. etcetc. LOLLOL! Anw, thanks to shimin and her vomitting stuff, the airport staff personally attended to us and shimin have to go into a room. LOL. Scared tht she got H1N1 or smth. LOLLOL! But shimin was feeling okay le la. Then pass the immigration tht time v fun eh! Cos need to take pic one! HAHAHHA! And you can see your own face when taking the pic like selfcam! AHA! SO PAISEH LIKE ZILIAN IN FRONT OF OTHERS. LOLLOLLL! Then we went to take our luggage! The Japanese ppl so nice one! Got crew there to bring down all the luggages on the belt! ^^ So I didnt have to pull my 19kg luggage down form the belt personally. Then thr's this airport staff whom I think is so pretty then she kept attending to us and stuff then we told her we wna take NEX then she led us there and we took pic w her ^^ Super cute and friendly~ Then we walked arnd the airport to look for the shop which Flor say she booked the wifi router from. So while she's settling the stuff I went to the toilet AND THE TOILET WAS SO CLEAN *V* heeheeheeeeeee. Then aft tht we went to buy Suica which is like Japanese EZLINK card and this card can last us for 10 years! But cost 5500 yen which is super duper ex please -.- If the money use finish then just need to top up the money lo. Like ezlink card la! HAHAHA! ^^ Means within 10 years I can use my suica in Japan. LOL. Then I go try their vending machine. SO FUN! INSERT 1000 yen inside then press. LOL! SUAKU. But anw, I bought a chinese tea -.- SUPER TRADITIONAL CHINESE TEA. Not even like Pokka Green Tea. Wrong choice. LOL. Then Joanne went to the starbucks nearby to buy her tumbler. Then we waited for the boarding time for NEX.
Boarded the NEX and it was like COOOLLLLL. The seats can rotate one! ^^ So we rotated to face each other and the ride from NEX to Tokyo is like 1hour? I think. So I recorded alot of scenery and stuff while Flor and Shimin sleeeeep. Then we reached Tokyo station and have to change to another train, we're all lost cos thr's so many platform and stuff. then while we were like getting confused, we saw a train person then asked him to come over and handed him the paper which the Suica Staff wrote for us. So he directed us back to the same platform we alighted. LOL. Btw, in JAPAN TRAIN STATION V HARD TO FIND A LIFT! :( It's like stairs, stairs and more stairs. Only JR line can find escalators, the rest of the private companies are just stairs :( Just kill me. Then anw, as we were waiting for the train, we felt alil cold and started wearing our coats. Then when we entered the train we started to feel hot but cnnt take off the coat cos like v weird. LOL! SIANXZ. But anw, we reached our stop and looked at the map then lug our luggage out the train station. But then when we came out we saw it was STAIRS. and lift was actually on the other exit. So Joanne/Flor went to ask the station master if we can reenter and exit by the other exit. HENG CAN OMG. So we reentered and lugged luggage to other exit. There are still some small stairs and I tot I'm gna die but heng Joanne helped me and tgt pulled my luggage down.
Lesson learnt: Don't bring such heavy luggage! Just go JAPAN and buy clothes. LOL!
So we saw the lift and Joanne/Flor boarded first cos there's still other ppl also wna board then me and Shimin waited for the next one. Then still got alot of other ppl so shimin boarded first then an ahpek kept asking me to go in also. LOL. So paiseh so I kept saying daijiobu. LOL. So finally I boarded the nextnext lift. then we walkwalkwalk from the train station w our luggage over a longgggg distance before we reach our hotel. SRSLY I WAS SWEATING LIKE SOME PIG EVEN THO IT WAS WINTER THERE. MY 19KG LUGGAGE, I HATE YOUUUUUUU! :( But when we saw our hotel we're like OHGOD THANK YOUUUUUUUU and chionged into the lobby. So Joanne/Flor went to do the admin stuff while me and Shimin slacked at the lobby. WHEWS. (Okay, if you realised, we're always this pairing. LOL! Dno why also.) So we got our hotel keys and went inside the room. Joanne and Shimin in one room, while me and Flor in another room beside them.
Okay, actually got story behind why we sleeep this way. 'Cos before we actually go Japan tht time I was kinda scared tht our hotel room will be haunted cos i watched too much USO JAPAN. Then I told Joanne tht I diedie also wna sleep w her cos she's a christian then like holier so can protect me. LOL! Then tht shimin also wna sleep w joanne cos she v scared also. Then Shimin and I said tht we cnnt sleep w each other cos we'll both die tgt LOL. Sleeping w Flor is also good cos she too blur. If got anth weird happen she also wun noe then we also wun noe and stuff. So in the end we go write our names on paper and choose our partners. So initially it's Day1-2: Joanne-Shimin/Huixin-Flor, Day3-4: Joanne-Huixin/Shimin-Flor, Day5-6: Joanne-Flor/Shimin-Huixin. Tht's why the first day we went our pairing is liddat :) But well, when it was the day to change we all got lazy cos we still need to pack our luggage then move here and there so we decided not to change and stick to this pairing thruout the stay in Tokyo. LOL!
Anw, aft settling down in our hotel room we decided to go explore our neighbourhood and go find food to eat! :D So we went out and we passed by a shop near our hotel which is selling Udon! YUMYUM MY FAVE! So we went in and realised tht thr's ALOT OF BUSINESSMAN EATING THERE. Plus it's a STANDING RESTAURANT! omg. But we still gave it a try since it was kinda cheap also, like 500 yen? Then Joanne helped us order cos me and shimin ate the same beef curry udon. then me and shimin stood at one corner while Joanne and Flor stood at another corner (cos no space la). then we began eating. I TELL YOU. SUPER DUPER STRESSS! Cos it was a standing restaurant, the ppl beside me and shimin are strangers and they eat like superduperfast! Like few mins change ppl liddat. Then it's super hot and alot so I was like omgomgomogmogmg. And tht Joanne also eat super fast! She was the first amongst us to finish and she waited outside cos its too cramped inside. omg. SO stressss. Then shimin ate finish liao and I was like begging her dun go first wait for me. Heng she waited for me. I ate till I wna puke. Cnnnt dun finish also! Then the curry was different from those jap curry cube we cooked before one! Dno hw to describe, but it wasnt as nice as the jap curry cube la. So... I had a hard time finishing. Heng I still finished it and flor was the last. SUPER STRESS I CAN TELLL. Eat also stress, sad life we have. LOL!
So aft our lunch we continue to explore the neighbourhood. Went to 7eleven to buy snacks! *V* Bought lots of chewinggum and string cheese and puddingggg! Then Joanne went to Starbucks to satisfy her craving. She drank a drink which SG dun have one, dno is wht la. Then we chilled there for some moment before we went back to our hotel to have a short nap then go Tokyo tower. Initially we say to wake up at 4/5pm then we go tokyo tower, in the end we woke up like 6/7pm liddat! HAHAHAHHA! So we walked to Tokyo Tower! :D Tried to camwhore w the tokyo tower but was quite fail :( Cnnt take a grp pic w tokyo tower also cos we cnnt see if we're in it anot! We tried to ask a Japanese guy for help and he told us "DEKENAI"?! LIKE WTH?! WHY CNNT! So we took turns to selfshot and FAIL TTM! Btw, Tokyo tower got alot of couples :( OMG. MAKE US FEEL #FOREVERALONE more than ever. :'( Ohwell, anw we bought the entrance fee which cost 820yen and went up the tokyo tower~ Wohoooo! Actually nth much also la~ Just seee lo. And took a pic of a junction which looked like tokyo tower. I knew it cos I saw a similar pic on Tumblr. HEEHEE ^^ Then went to the souvenir shop and bought a tokyo tower keychain which cost like 450 yen. kinda ex :x
So aft tht we went back to hotel to have maggee mee and milo for dinner. LOL! So cheapo right? I know! LOL! Then Joanne and Flor was like using macbook to research on the roads and stuff for tmr! In the end we slpt like 12am/1am SG time. Super late! And I can't fall alslp! Dno why :'(
So tht's the end of my Day1! :) Omg, I blogged like close to 3 hours for just 1 day. Can I dun blog about my Day2-8? zzzz! Ohwellll, please look out for Day 2 Japan coming up... SOONNNNNNNNNNNNN~
Labels: Japan, overseas, travel